Thursday, December 16, 2010

Seeing Santa and Christmas Cookies

Sunday afternoon we headed to Bass Pro to visit Santa! After waiting an hour (yup, an hour) it was finally our turn to see Santa. I was so curious to see how Lucy would react this year and it was a little questionable if she was going to start crying at first, but Carlos gave her a candy cane and she sat very still on Santa's lap. Such a little mess!

Later that afternoon, Lucy and I attempted to make sugar cookies for Lucy's teachers and friends at school. Let me just say...total flop! I must have done something wrong, because all the cookies lost their cookie cutter shape once they baked and just looked terrible. After I saw this wasn't going to work out, I just plopped Lucy Lu on the table and let her go to town. This little girl LOVES to cook, I mean loves it. I can't step foot in our kitchen without hearing her yell, "cook, cook, peeeas (please)". She had such a good time and I decided to opt for buying some iced sugar cookies from a yummy bakery in Edmond. Done and done, ha!

Babies in hand and ready to go see Santa!

Lucy and Santa! Her hair was in piggies, but I apparently put them too far back because you couldn't see them!

We had to go see the fish while we were at Bass Pro!

Listening to me telling her how to use the cookie cutter.

And, then she just decided she'd do it her way! That works too baby. And, please excuse my child's crazy hair. We were post-piggies at this point. ;)

Our final product...cookies from Eileen's bakery that we packaged. Let me say- much easier!

1 comment:

Andrea Munding said...

I am so glad you blog about Miss Lucy! Your entries are so fun :)