Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Little Miss Priss

Since Lucy was a newborn, she's always gotten up with me in the mornings and sits with me in the guest room while I get ready for work. Some mornings we play, read books and sing songs all while I'm trying to get ready. I love this sweet time I get to spend with her before I head off to work and then she gets to have a special breakfast with her Daddy before he takes her to school.

As of the past few months, she's taken a lot of interest in my makeup and has wanted to sit at my vanity with me. She cracks me up because she knows exactly what each piece of makeup is for...blush, mascara, lip gloss, etc. I put it on me for real and then I have to pretend to put it on Lucy. I love my sweet little buddy in the mornings. This all being said, my mom got Lucy a little play vanity to sit beside mine and she emptied out some makeup containers so Lucy thinks she's pretty big time and is just like Momma! So, now we can both sit at our vanities and get ready together in the morning. So much fun and Lucy loves it. Thanks Grammie!

Here are a few pictures of my crazy haired girl the first morning she sat at her new vanity to get ready with me, such a pro!




3 comments:

Danielle said...

Colin was a little obsessed with my makeup for a while too. Thankfully, he has grown out of that! I wasn't sure how I was going to explain why my little boy was wearing lipstick!

Anonymous said...

I love it. What a great idea from your mom! Another great mother-daughter tradition...getting ready together! I love how Lucy also has her special time with Carlos during breakfast. You all are very thoughtful and great planners!

Liz said...

this is the sweetest thing. i remember you saying that you girls get ready together! i hope you can always share this fun morning tradition!!! i love her new vanity, too!