My sweet Lucy Brooke-
Today, June 30th you turned one year old at 12:25 p.m. I remember the night before you were born. Your Daddy and I talked for hours about what the next day would be like. I checked our bags over and over to make sure we had everything we would need for the biggest day of our lives...the day you came into our life. I couldn't sleep that night and kept holding my belly thinking I would finally get to meet this sweet girl who had hiccups all the time, felt move inside me and just felt so incredibly connected to you. We had to check in at the hospital at 9:00 a.m., but we were so anxious and got up incredibly early and I had to go through our bags one more time. I didn't know if 10 new outfits, 10 hairbows, and 10 pairs of PJ's were enough for our two day hospital stay, ha. But, I just wanted everything to be perfect for you.
Then 12:00 p.m. came and it was time for us to go into surgery and have you via c-section. Everything wasn't quite lined up for me to have you and Dr. Goff decided this was the safest way for you to come into our lives. I remember telling myself to try and control my tears when I first saw you, but I couldn't control it. As soon as I heard your first cry, I gasped and immediately started sobbing uncontrollably. Your Daddy was sitting right beside me and we just held hands and couldn't believe what was happening. I fell in love with you from the moment I knew you were in my belly, but had no idea how much I would truly love you until I heard your voice and saw your beautiful face. Dr. Goff raised you over the operating curtain and it was so unbelievable. Your Daddy and I fell even more in love with each other at that moment and fell madly in love with you. More than I ever thought was possible.
You have been my dream for my entire life, my sweet baby girl. Every day with you is sweeter than the last. I think you are the sweetest, cutest and funniest little girl I have ever seen in my life. Your smile is the prettiest thing and your laugh is the best music. You will never understand as long as you live just how much your Daddy and I love you. Today we celebrate your little life. You have brought us so much joy and I can't even begin to share half of it. I thank God for allowing me to be your mom and for blessing me with you. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life loving you! Your Daddy and I love you so much LuLu!
So what are you up to????
- You are so close to walking. You can push things around and walk behind them. You can get around the house pretty fast now and get into everything!
- You can say DaDa, MaMa, Dawww (Dog), Hello, Biii (Bite), and Doohhh (Done)
- You wave, point, shake your head no, and smile all the time
- You LOVE to eat pretty much everything, but still hate rice. You instantly throw it up. No warning, nothing- you just immediately throw it up. You do seem to have a sweet tooth!
- You are such a chubby little thing and weigh around 25 lbs. I think. I'll find out your stats at your one year appointment tomorrow.
- Everywhere we go people stop me to say how cute you are and I can't help but be so proud. Not because my baby is "cute" but because I know you are a sweet, happy baby and I know you will be a kind, loving girl and woman.
- You go to bed at 7:30 p.m. and wake up between 5:30- 6:00 a.m. You are my morning "getting ready" buddy and I love it. You play in the guest room with me while I sit at my vanity and do my hair and makeup. Most mornings you want in my lap and want to help me with my makeup and it's such a big help, haha.
- You take a 3 hour afternoon nap everyday normally from 12:00- 3:00 p.m.
- You love your Puppy. You and Reesie are best friends and it's so fun to watch. You're actually starting to play together and you even try to throw her ball to her. You love to lay your head on her and go "Oooooh".
- You love helping me cook and clean, which I love. And, you go crazy giggling when we run the vacuum.
- You love music, just like your Daddy. Anytime you hear it, you have to dance and we love it! Your favorite songs are patty cake, itsy bitsy spider and the wheels of the bus.
Happy Birthday to the most precious little girl I know!!! I love you baby!

4 comments:
Oh, I'm so teary!!! This is the sweetest post, Amanda! She's going to love reading this someday! You are the best mommy and that little girl knows it! Happy First Birthday, Sweet Girl!!!
HaPpY FiRsT BiRtHdAy LuCy!!! :)
amanda, way to make a momma tear up :) sweet words!!! have a great weekend!!
I second...I too was about to cry in my office as I read this! And not just because it's freezing! :) My mom has sweet little notes like this written in a notebook she kept during her pregnancy...she has some entries after my birth too...You and my mom sound a lot a like. I guess one never understands the love she can have for her children until she becomes a mother. I am so happy to be able to read about your love for your sweet Lulu and it makes me so happy to think that one day we'll be able to share the joy and unexplicable happiness that is motherhood.
I especially love the part where you say that you and Carlos fell more in love when Lucy was born...I have no words..just a huge smile.
I love the three of you dearly. Happy birthday Lucy from your Tía Mayra and Tío Alejandro :)
What a sweet letter. You'll be so glad you documented this when she's older. I can tell from the pictures that she's a happy baby, not to mention adorable!
I'm glad you found my blog. It will be fun to watch each others kids grow and change.
Post a Comment