Monday, June 28, 2010

Lucy's 1st Birthday Party!

Lucy's 1st birthday party was this Saturday and we all had so much fun! We celebrated with about 40 of our dear friends and their kids and our wonderful family. Lucy was such a good girl and absolutely loved being the life of the party. And, Carlos and I loved watching her have such a good time. So many people were taking pictures of Lucy that at one point we were all laughing because it was like the paparazzi. Here are some pictures from our camera, but I'm hoping I'll get several pictures from everyone and then I can update this post and put even more pictures on here! Happy almost birthday LuLu!

Welcome to Lucy's 1st birthday party!

Front door view

Lucy's sign on the tree in the front yard

Lucy's invitation

Table shot

Another table shot

Her favor bags for all her friends

Lucy's birthday banner

The birthday girl just coming out of her room for her big party!

Daddy and his "DoDo" as he calls her

Miss social welcoming all her party guests

Daddy, Lucy and Mommy

Lucy's birthday cake her Grammie made

Lucy's cake servers from her Grammie and Papa.

Here is the message from her Grammie and Papa that goes with the server pieces. I know Lucy will absolutely treasure this gift and I get teary thinking of the day she will actually use these on her wedding day.

All of the cupcakes for Lucy's guests.

Chocolate and strawberry cupcakes...YUM.

"Lucy's 1st Birthday Party" water bottles

Another family picture

Opening presents

She got so excited about this soft little bunny, so cute.

And...more presents. Thank you so much to everyone for thinking of LuLu!

A few snapshots of our cupcake!

Trying to read her birthday card

All stripped down in nothing but her bib and bloomers for her birthday cake!

Humm...this is pretty good.

Going to town and eating it by the fistfulls!

I'm so messy Momma!

All cleaned up and in her after party outfit.

Going crazy in the tissue paper.

Ride that pony baby!

Playing with her cousins Jack and Kaylee in the new pool they got her.

She loved her balloons...I mean LOVED them!

Completely worn out! We hope you had fun baby girl!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this!! I especially love the pics where you and Carlos are with Miss Lucy. I didn't notice the cute note that accompanied the cake server set from your parents...what a wonderful and thoughtful idea!
I am so glad I was able to make it, thanks for the invite :)
Love you guys!

Grande Family said...

cute pictures!!! looks like her first birthday party was great!!! walker james and Lucy had the same cake, different colors, but the same ;) cute cute!!! HaPpY BiRtHdAy Sweet Lucy Lu!!

Brooke said...

I love her birthday party! It was precious! I know you must have spent hours preparing all the little details. I am starting to plan Nolans eventhough it isn't until September. It's bittersweet!

Danielle said...

I love the picture with her and her cupcake cake! The cake is bigger than her head! So cute!