Carlos has been out of town for a few days and apparently I've had some extra time to do some self reflecting, so get ready for a long post people! Skip down to the cute Starbucks pics if you don't feel like reading an emotional book! ;) I was so excited to get to take Lucy to baby school Friday morning, since Carlos normally does morning drop offs due to me having to be at work so early. I get to pick her up from school each day, but I absolutely cherish the days that I get to take her to school as well. Friday I decided we both needed a special morning treat, so off to my favorite place (and soon to be Lucy's) Starbucks. Lucy felt like such a big girl drinking milk out of a baby Starbucks cup and sharing a piece of pumpkin bread with me. I got so tickled seeing her sitting across the table from me in her little cardigan sharing some baby coffee (aka- milk) and her saying, "Hi Momma" with her head tilted doing her I'm so cute face. Seriously...these are the moments. As many of you know that read this blog, it can be a struggle on some days wondering if you've made the right choice of either working or staying home. I'm normally not one to write about something like this, but I'm documenting my thoughts for my baby girl to read one day in case she ever goes through this same dilemma.
My biggest career dream as a little girl was to be a business lady that worked in a tall black building, wore high heels to work and carried a briefcase! My favorite game to play with my sister growing up was called "important stuff". My mom and dad would bring home old forms that they weren't using at work and we would play business/important stuff, I absolutely loved it. Probably not a normal dream to have as a child, but it was mine. My other dream was to one day marry the love of my life and become a mommy. How on earth have I been so fortunate to be blessed with all of these things? I say very blessed. This being said, I've had a wonderful woman to follow as my role model...my mother. She has taught me that you can have all you wish for in life and that you really can do it all! I can be a business woman working in a tall black building-check, wearing high heels to work everyday- check, carrying a briefcase- ummm, not so much (haha), a wife to my Mr. Perfect- check, and a mommy to the most precious baby girl- check, check!
I really struggled with the decision to work or to stay home with Lucy. It's such an incredibly personal decision, that only you can make for yourself. Only you know what's best for both you and your family and there's no right or wrong decision, no easier or more difficult route. They will both be equally challenging in their unique ways. I would be lying if I said there weren't days that I have questioned my decision, but those days have become fewer and farther between. I see how happy Lucy is with all her friends at school, how much she loves her teachers and looks forward to going each morning and truly how much she is learning both socially and academically. I realize she really does love going and is truly benefiting from it...we all are.
LuLu- I want you to experience this world in many, many ways and I hope you continue to do so throughout your life. We have such an incredibly close little family and we all cherish every second we spend together. You are such a sweet, loving, smart and sometimes stubborn, happy and already very independent little lady and I couldn't be more proud of you. I look forward to the day when we can truly sit and share a cup of coffee and just chat. I just don't want that day to come anytime soon though missy, I'd have you stay this age forever if I could. You have answered all of my dreams LuLu and my (coffee) cup runneth over. ;)



6 comments:
You are an amazing mother and it shows so much.
You already the most amazing executive, wife and Mommy.
I couldn't be more proud of you.
God has blessed me many times over by giving you to me.
You will always be my Boo Boo.
Mom
all so true amanda! it's such a difficult decision but you're doing a wonderful job!! and look at miss lucy with her starbucks! we should meet there with the girls some time...it's addi's absolute favorite place! i've created a monster! she loves wearing the holder that i put around my cup as a bracelet! of course she must have one for each arm...i think lucy will need some braclets too on your next trip!
This is so honest and beautiful. Thanks for sharing this with your sweet mom-I'm glad she's read it :) Most of all, thanks for sharing it with us (future and current) mommys.
You definitely ARE a wonderful person and it shows in everything you do. I'm so proud to know you.
Wow! Just read this and it made me cry! I know you and what kind of mother (and boss) you are and you're awesome!!! I've told you before and ill tell you again, ...I'm in awe at how well you do both. Lucy is lucky to have you as a mommy and I know the time you spend with her you pour your whole heart into it! You're doing everything just the way you planned and it's working for you! Keep up the great work. Love ya girlie!
Awww, I know the feeling. It is heart wrenching sometimes. Having done both, they DO NOT love you any more having you at home (or feel less loved with you working) and it doesn't make you a better mom if you stay home. I agree wholeheartedly that it's such a personal decision. Lucy is blessed to have such a wonderful mommy. :)
Post a Comment