Monday, September 6, 2010

Boomer Sooner Baby!

Saturday was the kickoff to the OU football season and Lucy's first tailgate! We started the day off going to brunch at La Baguette with Alissa and Kiley who were in town from Kansas. Kiley is one of Carlos' best friends and former college roomie. After brunch we headed back to the house so Lucy could get her beauty sleep for the big day. Then, we met back up with Kiley and Alissa at their tailgate right next to the stadium. It was a gorgeous day and Lucy had a blast people watching, playing in the grass and getting into everything at the tailgate. We didn't go to the actual football game and probably won't be taking Lucy this year because I KNOW she will not last but for a few minutes. Instead, we headed back home and had several friends over for a watch party. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of Lucy showing off for everyone in her PJ's- but trust me she was hamming it up. Such a fun day with our little Sooner!

Brunch at La Baguette with Kiley and Alissa

Kiley and Carlos

Hi Momma!

Ok...I'm ready to get out, let's get this party started!

Not the best family picture, but it works.

Our little "Miss Oklahoma"

Carlos and Lucy

Me and Lucy

Lucy getting lovin' from Alissa

Lucy trying her first bite of "Kiley Queso". Kiley has made this game day queso every game since we were in college. Lucy thought it was yummo.

This tub kept Lucy entertained for quite a while. Although, I think a few people might have had some fizzy beers. Ooops, haha.

Caught ya baby.

Kicking back reading the paper.

On our way back to the car, we ran into our sweet friends Lisa and Jorge!

2 comments:

KK said...

How fun, I love her outfit!! Boomer Sooner!

Anonymous said...

So fun! I wish we'd been there! We're going to try to make it up there for a game (at least to enjoy the festivities, maybe not actually attend). K&A look great, as did, of course, the Rodriguez clan! Glad you saw Lisa and Jorge.

Have a great week!