Thursday, December 24, 2009

Oh The Weather Outside Is Frightful...

I secretly wished to have a white Christmas for Lucy's first Christmas this year, but boy did I get it! The day started off with sleet, then turned to snow and 50 mph winds and before you knew it we were in a blizzard. Lucy's Grammie and Papa left Edmond around 12:30 p.m. today and headed to our house in Norman. We had big plans for them to come spend the day and night with us and then stay all day Christmas day when my sister, Jason, Jack and Kaylee all came over. But, those plans quickly changed. They got stuck and had to turn back to Edmond, only to get stuck two more times. Carlos and I have been worried sick all day, but they finally made it home after about five hours! It is absolutely beautiful outside, but so scary. The news keeps showing how many people are stuck out there and it's absolutely horrible! I hope everyone finds a way to stay warm out there. I'm so incredibly grateful that all my loved ones are now safe at home.

View from outside our front door

Look at the snow drifts!

No comments: