Sunday, January 16, 2011

Girls Trip to Dallas!

I just had the BEST girls trip EVER and I mean EVER! Brooke, my best friend of 15 years, met me in Dallas for the weekend to have a total girls trip and it was truly amazing. We didn't get to celebrate our 30th birthdays together back in August so her sweet husband planned an amazing spa/shopping trip for us and he went above and beyond. We stayed at the Dallas Ritz Carlton and when we went to check into our rooms, he had envelopes with itineraries for the weekend. We were cracking up, because he even used a fancy font and put them on resume paper- haha! It was so nice to have a weekend completely planned for us so we didn't have to think about a single thing! We spent two mornings at the Ritz spa getting massages, mani's, pedi's and facials. We ate such wonderful food and wine the entire weekend, had a marathon shopping trip at Northpark and went to a movie (we were both so excited to go to a movie because we NEVER get to see movies anymore after having babies, ha)! Brooke and I have always tried to meet up in Dallas the last few years (since it's halfway for both of us) and have a girls trip, but this one knocked any of our past ones out of the park. Brooke, I love you dearly and feel so blessed to have you and your family in our lives. Thank you and Lance for such an amazing trip and thank you for your beautiful friendship!

Lucy spent Friday night with her Grammie and Papa in Edmond and then met up with my sister, Jason, Jack and Kaylee at Jack's b-ball game on Saturday. She then stayed with my sister on Saturday night and I know she had an absolute blast with all of them and probably had some nice away time from Mommy and Daddy, haha. When I picked her up from my sisters house she was so excited to see me, but within 2 minutes was back to playing with Kaylee and Jack. She is so crazy about them and I didn't want to leave. Her and Kaylee both cried when Lucy and I left. Such sweet cousins, they love each other so much. I promised Kaylee that she could come over and play on Tuesday night, so they'll be back at it again!

Our itinerary, loved it!

Our first day at the spa getting a pedicure

Dinner at Nobu's- delicious.

One night when we got back to our hotel we had wine and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us. We talked and talked for hours. Such a good time.

I know you're probably wondering who this strange man is and why I have a picture of him, right? Brooke and I were dying laughing because we couldn't get the dang wine bottle open. We both think we're such independent women and then we realize how much our sweet husbands do for us, including opening our wine bottles. Haha. So we had to call the front desk and have them send someone up to help us.

Heading out to go shopping, woohoo!

Post shopping with hardly any makeup left on! Getting ready for the movie to start.

1 comment:

Andee said...

What a fun weekend!! Massages, pedicures, facials... doesn't get any better, especially with best friends. You deserve that!