Oh my goodness, do I love Halloween! And it is now a million times better now that I have my Lucy. Today was such a busy and exciting day. Lucy wore her cute little Halloween outfit to baby school (a.k.a. daycare) and we delivered some sweet little Halloween treats that Lucy and I put together last night. ;) I have waited a long time to do this kind of stuff and I'm so excited that I get to now!
Then, I headed off to work and to go to the Chesapeake Halloween party. This year was pretty amazing...it keeps getting better and better each year. I wish I took pictures of the actual party to show everyone how elaborate it all is and how incredible the costumes are. My group decided to do something easy this year and we went as Chesapeake Construction (since there is so much construction going on there right now). I was a construction cone and felt like a little kid all day. They were pretty awkward to try and maneuver but it was hilarious and of course I cried all day from laughing so hard.
Carlos left work early today to pick up Lucy and bring her back to a little party they were having and then I went to his office as soon as our Halloween party was over. He got her all dressed up in her costume (minus her orange little tights) and she had a great time. I was a little worried about how she would do with all the noise (karaoke and lots of people), but she did so good! She was so happy and then by the very end passed out asleep. She might end up just like her momma and just love to socialize and have a good time.
Then to top things off when we got home she seemed kind of fussy and ready for bedtime (again another early night at 7:00 p.m.) so I fed her and put her to bed. But about 15 minutes later Carlos came in the office holding her saying she was in there laughing and playing in her crib. We were both so excited that she wanted to stay up and play. She just had such a good time at the party that I think she just wanted to keep it going! Today was just one of those days that I know I will always remember. We got to take treats to Lucy's teachers, get her all dressed up in her Halloween costume, go to her first loud party (ha!) and then she surprised us with a play party. I absolutely love being a mommy and can't imagine how my life could possibly get any better than it is at this moment (and yes I'm definitely crying writing this). I just can't help it...my cup is definitely full and I am so thankful!
All of Lucy's little presents for her teachers, this stuff is so much fun!
Close up shot of Lucy's present to her teachers.
Me and Lucy getting ready to head out to baby school in her cute little Halloween outfit. Another cute bow by her Grammie (thanks mom).
Yay! A picture without her thumb in her mouth, haha.
Goofing around at work with one of my best friends, Lacey.

Lucy all dressed up with Daddy up at work.

Close up of the most adorable baby chick ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment