On Wednesday my mom got a call that my grandpa had been taken to the emergency room and that he wasn't doing very well. Mom, Lucy and I decided to make a quick trip to Amarillo to see him and make sure he was able to meet Lucy. He's been talking about his dark haired, dark eyed baby for a while now and we all wanted to make sure he got to meet her. His kidneys haven't been doing too well for a while now, but thankfully he is okay. They sent him home with a walker and believe he will have to go on dialysis. He goes back to the doctor this Thursday and we are all hoping that his veins are strong enough to handle the dialysis and also that he will agree to do it.
I was a little nervous about taking a five week old baby on a road trip, but she did so well. Carlos was so sad that he couldn't come with us and that his little baby would be away from him for the first time. We had to stop a few times to change and feed her, so what would have been a four hour trip turned into about 5 1/2 hours but I'm so thankful that my mom was with us and for how helpful she was the entire trip.
The first night we got there grandpa didn't look very good, but by that next morning he was walking better and had more of his color back. I love my grandpa so very much and am so grateful that he is doing better. Both of my aunts came and my cousins and their kids, so what initially started as kind of a scary trip ended up being a nice visit with everyone and I think grandpa enjoyed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment